Tuesday, July 07, 2009

It Dont Matter...

If I could, I'd ask you all to stop mourning Michael Jackson for one minute to pay attention to me.

Thanks.

Now that I have your attention, I must admit that I watched a good portion of MJ's memorial tribute on tv. what the what? I know, its weird but the boys were both sleeping and I finished my book and the family has cable. From my perspective, it wasnt as beautiful and moving as people will say. I thought it was cheap, exploitive way to honor a person who spent a majority of his personal life trying to keep it just that, personal. Pack some 100 plus celebrities and some obsessed fans and, rather than a nice ceremony, you get random people shouting "I love you Michael" and celebrities who may or may not have really known the guy tearing up on national television.

Enough.

Some things that I am liking though:

-photos on facebook. enough said. if you dont believe me, check out the pics from my fabulous Star Spangled Bash. You'll get the invite next year.

-pandora. i'm all about keeping it fresh.

-Without a Trace-a small show that probably didnt get much of a following (does anyone watch CBS anymore?) but lets just say, its got me hooked.

-writing letters of complaint to various big time companies-you know they will never answer but its still fun.

-YOU. thats right, i like you.

2 comments:

Kathleen said...

I like the new look!

Alissa said...

I like you too, KP! Thanks for the shout out.