Wednesday, July 01, 2009

A Love Letter

Dear Garlic Bread,

I want to begin this letter by stressing that words can never describe the pure, unadulterated love I have for you. The way you sop up delicious juices of all kinds and your crispy butter tinged coloring is to die for. Lets not get started on the main ingredient that gives you your name...oh Garlic...you do so much. You vanquish vampires and give girls across America their very own version of a muffin top. People say you have nasty side effects like bad breath but I say to them...thats why your good friend Colgate is around. Or Crest. But enough about them, lets talk about you.

The minute I smell you cooking in the oven, my hear flip flops. I have a sudden urge to exercise so I can eat more of you but your wafting, inviting smell squashes those thoughts immediately. I wait patiently for you to cook to your full potential and your slow burning only heightens my addled pate. You are sinful, delectable, and possibly, Earths greatest gift to mankind. If I could eat you and only you for the rest of my life, I could die a happy girl. Honestly, I would swim oceans and climb mountains just to taste your yummy goodness on my tongue and hear your crackling, as I slowly and deliberating chew you, in my ears. The carbohydrates are a girls worst enemy but I say, keep your friends close and your enemies closer. And you dear GB, you will never be too far away from this girl.

Until then, I'll keep salivating.

Sincerely,
Kay Pea

(If this makes anyone uncomfortable, I feel you. Who writes a passionate love letter to their favorite food? The answer: Me.)

1 comment:

mags said...

Nice...