Wednesday, July 08, 2009

Mommy...Wow

I'm a big kid now. Today I went to Target and dropped some serious bones on a set of nice sheets and a nice comforter. As I was perusing the aisles, I started to second guess myself and had to immediately call my shrink, aka. my mother. She simply stated that "yes, this is a good purchase...no, you wont regret it...yes, people do spend money on these kind of things...yes, it does matter sometimes...no, I'm not judging you....for gosh sakes, KP, you have the same sheets you had in college, its about time."

So, I have new nice sheets and a new nice comforter. And I feel great. I also bought a Map of the World shower curtain. I've always, always wanted one of these and my good friends D&A have one in their house and everytime I visit, I spend an extra half hour in the shower looking at the map. (FYI to D&A, you can send me the water bill.)

My new functional and educational shower curtain:



The old sheets-BOO:




The new sheets:

And yes, this blog post is entirely about sheets and shower curtains. My life is just that exciting.

4 comments:

Kathleen said...

we are actually in the market for a shower curtain, you give me some ideas....

Lagartija said...

OMG we have that same showercurtain!!! I was going to teach myself geography with it! Too bad it's been packed away now since we got a house and I wanted things to "match" or whatever. I could have given you ours!!

Julie said...

I like your shower curtain but I LOVE your bedding. It's very grown up and beautiful.

M Weisse said...

As you should know, we also have that shower curtain. You gave it to us for our wedding present, I am pretty sure. Learn the countries of Africa while you POO!