Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Conspiracy Theories

A guy I work with insists that the Iraq war, Bay of Pigs invasion, 9/11, and a score of other historical events were all conspiracies concocted by our government to scare the living shit out of us citizens. In addition, all these conspiracies are a plot to make the rich even richer. And the rich people of the world like the Bush's, Vanderbilt's and Rockefellers are all in on an even eviler plot to take over the world. I'm sure tomorrow he will tell me that global warming is the poor persons way of thwarting the rich people's evil ploy to freeze their assets. (haha...asiankp takes a small delight in her little pun.)

Anyway, I'm not sure I follow and honestly, I didnt think Rockefeller's even existed anymore. I have a vague memory of a Rockefeller being mentioned in the same breath as the Titanic but thats about it. And that was over 97 years ago.

I'm not sure I'm fitting in at work.

However, I downloaded this interesting expose on Scientology. Should be some quality entertainment.

1 comment:

The TV Girl said...

If these are the kinds of people you work with, please, don't ever fit in. John Aylor was giving my the same speech today, only he ended that the Bush administration is the same as Germany in the 1930's. Is there something in the water, or are people just bored?