Wednesday, January 23, 2008

RIP HEATH

I cant believe this is the third RIP I've written on this blog. I'm not sure why I'm so shocked at his death...I figure a majority of the Hollywood stars dabble in drugs and have issues and demons that I'll never have, except for Dakota Fanning and even she is questionable given her almost unnatural cheeriness and energy. But then again, the guy was so young and was poised to become a memorable actor for our generation. It's different when you hear about the old timers like Jimmy Stewart passing and I wouldnt even be surprised to hear of Jack Nicholson's passing (note: he is NOT dead) but this is different because I feel like I sort of aged with Heath. In a weird way. I mean, I was a fan of 10 Things I Hate About You..that movie came out when I was in high school and it was sort of staple movie to quote. Then there was A Knights Tale and subsequent other fluff pictures. Then there was his edgy, first grown up role as a gay cowboy in Brokeback Mountain and the papers screamed "Teen Star Grows Up and Gets Gay." Well, they didnt say that directly but you know what I mean. So, in a way, I feel like I've grown up with him and watch his career blossom and take off. And now he has passed away.

I'd like to know what your favorite Heath movie is...mine is definitely 10 Things and maybe you never liked the guy at all and thought he was shite actor but still, if you had to pick one, what would be your fav (I'll even include the upcoming Batman which he stars as the Joker, which could be everyone's new favorite.)

Heath Ledger Filmography:
10 Things I Hate About You
Two Hands
The Patriot
Monster's Ball
A Knights Tale
The Four Feathers
The Order
Ned Kelly
Casanova
Brokeback Mountain
The Brothers Grimm
Lords of Dogtown
Candy
I'm Not There
The Dark Knight

3 comments:

crysOakleee said...

But he wasn't supposed to be one of those druggy actors; he was grounded and down to earth, I though...well, I guess, as grounded as you can be if you're an actor.

I've only seen three movies he was in - I don't like 10 things, Patriot was good but I dont remember his role in it so well, so I'll go with A Kinght's Tale.

Joe White said...

Patriot, for shizzure. His character in that is witching good.

The TV Girl said...

I got to say, nice tribute my friend. We should all also take a moment and say a prayer for his daughter, who is only two, and will have pictures and other people's stories to know her father by. Even though I didn't really like it, he is fantastic in Brokeback Mountain, but I have to say my favorite is 10 Things, especially because Julia Stiles kicks ass over the girl in A Knight's Tale.