Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Post Christmas Post

Christmas has come and gone but my bellyache still lingers. It must have been the 4 gingerbread men I ate last night. Dont judge. If you saw those gingerbread men, I'm sure you would have eaten 4 too. They were practically begging me to eat them. Groveling, in fact. I'm sure I can think of a million ways to justify eating them but the real honest reason is that I have no willpower and I love frosting with sprinkles and the smell of gingerbread.

Baby Jesus' birthday was a pretty rockin party. We had a rousing game of salad bowl and decided to mix it up a little bit by playing the singles vs. married couples. Pretty close game and I'm pretty loathe to admit that the married folk beat us by 4 points. I dont want to point fingers but a certain cousin who will remain nameless could have easily won us the game had she not had a brain freeze. But, no hard feelings Mags. Really. I loved watching my parents victory "dance" and the subsequent gloating that followed. Food was good as always. Nothing can beat an Italian Christmas.

In terms of gifts, I ended up with a nice haul. My folks got me a mini video recorder called the Small Wonder which I have affectionately dubbed, Little Buddy. Anyway, its similar to a video camera but smaller and equipped with software that makes it easy to email, post, etc. Perhaps I shall turn this blog into a video blog or vlog, but I'm on the fence about that because that would mean I would have to show my face.

My father is sitting behind me begging me to go see the new Nic Cage movie. you know, that National Treasure: Book of Secrets movie. He is relentless. He will not let me finish typing until I give him an answer.....umm...maybe? Okay, that seems to sedate him. Oh no wait, he's back....yes Dad....yes Dad....okay, I should run and explain to him how Nic Cage is not the new actor for the millenium.

3 comments:

mags said...

Brain freeze, that's being a little kind to Chris, don't you think? I don't think I've ever encountered a more aggressive verbal assault. Also, what of all the other singles? How come you couldn't guess "egomaniac" from "Freudian" when you'd already heard the word twice! Or "Bridget Jones Diary" from "movie" when again you'd already heard the word twice!

Yes, I dropped the ball... but so did the rest of the lonely contingency.

I'm still sore, in case you hadn't noticed. In fact, I'm commenting before I even read the rest of your post...

Lagartija said...

Well, now we know what Mags' cryptonite is - we just need to keep her awake for about 48 hours prior to our games! Who wants to help me do that before the New Years games....?

crysOakleee said...

Oh what fun we can have with Little Buddy! Did you happen to get any Broadway musical soundtracks for Christmas too? Because I can start rehearsing whenever you'd like.