Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Won't You Be My Neighbors

Since I missed a total of 3 days so far in NaBloPoMo, does that mean I'm inadequate for this type of exercise or is it some greater sign that I'm consistently inconsistent in things that require everyday committment? I dont really know and I guess I dont really care. Its not part of my "perspective" at the moment.

In other news, while I've been slumming at home, my car has taken another beating. Nothing to equal the caliber of the rear end incident but still a beating. My parents neighbors backed into my car the other day smashing the drivers side tail light. Now, usually such a thing would send me off in a verbal litany of insults but since I'm the idiot who smashed my mothers side mirror while backing out of the garage a couple months ago, I've decided I am not one to pass judgement on poor driving.

Anyway, my neighbors being the friendly ones that they are, left me a kind note saying they will pay for all the damages, etc. They even taped the broken pieces of the light to my window in a sign of good faith.

So, I got the car fixed (the only productive thing I've done all week besides applying for random online jobs) and I have the bill waiting for them. Nothing too steep. $100 or so. I call my neighbors asking if when a good time to bring over the bill would be and she responds, tomorrow sometime. She then asks if I have roommates in Chicago. I reply positively. She then asks if we like wine. Again, I insist that we do, even though, I dont drink wine nearly as much as I should. She then says, oh honey, thats just great...we'll throw in a couple extra bottles of wine for your trouble.

I seriously live in Mr. Roger's neighborhood. Its awesome. So my roomies, wine is on the way.

1 comment:

crysOakleee said...

Sa-weet!