Wednesday, November 07, 2007

Random Thoughts

What would it be like to be a mail person? In my current state of funemployment, I've been thinking about all kinds of work and recently have been perusing the Chicago state department website for job opportunities. Now, one of the links on the site is for the US Postal Service and they are in need of carriers. I can just imagine sorting through mail and seeing that Joe Blow over here receives Men's Health and Sports Illustrated and Susie Q on Elm Street likes to recieve Women's Wear Daily and the Eddie Bauer catalogue. Susie's daughter has a yearly subscription to Tiger Beat or Sweet Sixteen Popstars Hunky Guys magazine. Then later, when I'm at a bar and I meet this same Joe Blow, I can freak the living daylights out of him by spouting off his name and address and what magazines he recieves and ask him how he liked the feature in Men's Health about how to avoid itch in your jockstrap. What fun I would have...

Another random thing, winter makes me feel bloated and tired all the time. Its disgusting, really. So in an attempt to fight off these feelings, I have agreed to play ultimate frisbee this evening in the frigid night air. The problem is I can't find my lucky hat or my long johns so the feelings of bloating and fatigue are washing over me like a warm bath.

And yet another, my roommates and I watched a random movie last night. Reign Over Me with Adam Sandler and Don Cheadle. The movie was, like I said, random and I dont think I'll ever watch it again but my roommate noted that Don Cheadle's nose was so incredibly large that the thought overshadowed the entire evening and I couldnt concentrate on the plot or the acting because I was so distracted by Don's incredibly large schnozz. Dont you hate that when that happens?

And still another, if two members of the opposite sex meet on a certain day every week, would that not in fact be called dating?

4 comments:

Joe White said...

If they meet on the same date every month, it would be dating.

But if it's the same day every week, it's just "daying."

mags said...

yeah he's right, and 4X annually is just seasoning.

Is this you we're talking about?

Lagartija said...

I atually used to work in the mail room at UD and I LOVED that job, mainly for the reasons you stated! It was so fun to see all the letters in the beginning of the year for freshmen from boyfriends or girlfriend that would slowly taper off. There was one guy who got a letter every day from his girlfriend with lovey dovey stickers and messages all over the envelope - EVERY day. And then they started to be spaced out, and then not at all. And when I saw that guy walking around with a girlfriend from UD, I felt at first like I had caught him cheating. There was another girl who got a letter nearly every day from her family for her entire college career. When her mother died (after college)I was devastated too b/c I knew how close they were. Another guy got Playboy all wrapped up in the black plastic like it comes so I would give him the evil eye when I passed him out on the mall. I'm sure he had no idea why. Yeah, people's mail is a window into their life.

Kay Pea said...

good points all around. but seriously, is that not in fact, dating in a practical senses of the word?