Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Dream Jobs

In my current search for employment, I often think, oh it would be SO cool to have such and such as your job. Sometimes I wish I was independently wealthy so I could do all sorts of different but enjoyable labor and as soon as it became tedious, I could just switch to something else without having to update my resume. I have spent a good deal of time on craigslist which is awesome but yet not entirely reliable since a majority of the opportunities on craigslist are for employers who are too cheap to actually spend money on posting jobs. Or maybe they know they will find those diamonds in the rough, like me, who constantly peruse the sight and apply as soon as they see something remotely appealing. But back to my dream jobs...

1.) Casting director--this dream job was almost a reality until a "friend" got the job I'd been coveting for a month.

2.) Equipment manager for a new women's soccer team--now, I know what you are thinking, equipment manager and women's soccer...but seriously, equipment managers get to travel with the team, occasionally be on TV and are part of the team and yes, it is women's soccer but it would still be a professional sports. Like I said, these are my dream jobs, not yours.

3.) Food critic--let's see...get paid to eat and be judgmental. Where do I sign up?

4.) Entertainment marketing--doing publicity for a film studio or production company. Save the world from some of the drivel that Hollywood puts out these days.

2 comments:

Joe White said...

I think "Food Critic" is on everyone's short list. But it's spelled 'judgmental.' Now if you'll excuse me, I have to go eat dinner.

Kay Pea said...

True..and why is that?