Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Got Bibelot?

Today's word of the day is bibelot. See below.

bibelot \BEE-buh-loh\, noun:
A small decorative object without practical utility; a trinket.

Now, my headline inaccurately uses the word bibelot because there is no rhyme there but I like to eschew those kinds of limitations in order to make punny funs. Thats right.

Anyway, this is a really really fun word. All words are fun but this one just kinda gets my goiter. If you can smell what I'm planting or sniff what I'm cooking or catch what I'm throwing...then you'll really know what fun words are. Phrases. Phrases are fun too. A friend of mine has a penchant for peculiar phrases such as "slower than a herd of turtles in a sea of peanut butter" or "your old ladies' cat" or "Buster you old horny slut."

I hate today by the by, vis a vis, I hate work today. No one explains things or explains their actions and it annoys the heckfire out of me. If you arent going to give me things because I'm not doing a good job, say, "Asiankp we are not giving you this because you did a poor job last time and we dont think you are up to par." I will take it personally but then fix it....dont hide it under a bushel. what is that? best practices...whatever.

Oh and BS, Got Bibelot?

No comments: