Tuesday, March 27, 2007

MOLLY

My brother has the most fabulous dog and her name is Molly. They say man's best friend is his dog and I'm inclined to believe that they are right. Whoever they are...probably those folks at Hallmark who made ridiculous statements in order to sell monogramed overpriced pieces of paper.
I took a trip home this past weekend to unwind, which really means be lazy, but it makes me feel better to say that I'm "going home to unwind" so that I don't feel guilty for lying around and doing nothing. They say thats what you do when you go home...you relax. They. Those folks at Hallmark again.
Back to point, the weather was absolutely fabulous so it was impossible for me to be completely slothful. I decided to indulge in a little East Coast fantasy and take the dog into the yard of my 3 story colonial with a picket fence to play some catch. Let me just say that the next 20 minutes were absolute bliss. I would throw the ball, she (Molly) would take off at ridiculous speed tearing up the grass as she ran, fetch the ball and bring it back to me, tail wagging. Her excitment made me excited. I jumped around with the ball...she followed me. I gave her delicate pats on the head...she begged for more. It was beautiful. The weather, the dog, the mood. I cannot wait to go home again.

It better be raining.

1 comment:

mags said...

Molly slobbered on me. The thick, mucous-y (sp??), chunky-wet slobber. Other than she's cool, though.