Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Asiankp=Terminator

So today was incredibly interesting. We had many clients in the office so my big duty of the day was fetching the lunch orders. I don't mind this because it involves getting outside the office in the fun downtown area and investigating restaurants I could never afford. Well, one particular restaurant I entered had quite the fancy decor and a door patron. We had put in a large order for takeout and my boss had asked that I double check the order to make sure nothing was missing. Standard request. When I recieved the food, I repeated my boss' simple request. The man who was attending me, let's call him Lou, starts flipping out. Lou scoffs at my request calling it unreasonable and uneccessary and totally inconsiderate and the list goes on and on and on. One would think I had just asked him to stand on his head and juggle the matzo balls. What could I say to Lou? I sheepishly took the bags of food and muttered something about just trying to do my job. I returned to the office, reported what occurred to my boss and went on my merry way.
A few hours later, my boss gets a call from a man. Let's call him Harry. Apparently Harry is calling to apologize for Lou's behavior. My boss explains that I mentioned that Lou was rude but it wasn't a big deal. Harry says that Lou's behavior is unacceptable and he has been let go. Let go?? Yes, as in dimissed and fired. Harry also offers to buy the office free lunch. Now Lou was rude but you know, he might have a had a bad day or something. Now we'll never know.

Looks like I'll get to eat there after all...

No comments: