Saturday, February 27, 2010

Olympic Fever

I've got it.
The Olympics make the general public suddenly develop a weird sense of entitlement and national pride. Seriously. When would you ever walk into a bar and hear people chanting, "U-S-A" if not during an Olympic year?!?! This year, I'm all about Korea. I mean, come on, Kim Yu-Na??!?! Seriously...how amazing was she!! I stopped being Korean Korean at the age of 5 but watching her skate and break records makes me second guess ever giving up that citizenship. And our speed-skaters?? Minus of few whiny-babies, we are a good bunch. Notice my usage of the term "we" as if we are all in this together, me and the South Koreans. Anyway, this post is pretty pointless other than to tell you what I've been doing the last couple of weeks. Obsessing over a country I left almost 25 and half years ago.

Long lost sisters?? Perhaps. I've been known to strike a graceful pose here and there.






1 comment:

The Rowles said...

KP-
AS I was reading this blog post last night, G came up to the computer and said "thats yu-na!"
Olympic fever has taken over at our house too. Can't wait for the summer Olympics in 2 years!