Thursday, January 14, 2010

A Confession

I could not muster any more effort or enthusiam to finish Eat, Pray, Love. My roommates can attest to this fact. Every night for the last 3 weeks, I've sat down faithfully on the couch with a mug of cocoa and my favorite blanket to pound out a few chapters. It was smooth sailing until 2 nights ago when I got fed up with it and the book when flying across the room and I broke about 3 more New Years Resolutions with a few choice expletives. There was just no way I could finish it. I'm on to something else now, its about the battle for Chicago's soul during the heyday of corrupt politicians and white slavery rings and madams. Crazy stuff but much more interesting than self-serving internal babble bs. Who knows? Maybe I'll try again in a month.

On a side note, can anyone name the last actor to win an Academy Award playing a boxer?? And CTW, you can't answer...

1 comment: