Sunday, January 24, 2010

#6 in 2010

#6 Thing to Do in 2010: Paint/Upgrade Your Casa

As many of you know, I'm not very artistic. In fact, my idea of art is hanging the most mis-matching things on a wall and saying, "Look, its art."
However, I am very lucky to live with people who do know how to make a house look like a home and make colors match and actually liven up an apartment so it doesn't look like a million people have lived in it and brought random furniture and then just left it there piling up to one haphazard living area.

Yesterday, we did an apartment makeover. We added another couch so we can all now sit in the living room comfortably. We painted a wall in the kitchen. We bought new wall art and spruced up the old ones. We bought new pillows. We painted a small wall in the kitchen with that blackboard paint and bought colored chalk to write on it thus fulfilling a life-long dream of mine. We bought a new couch cover. We bought flowers and actually put them in vases. And I must say, it looks like a totally new place. It's a wonderful aethestic and anyone who has been to my apartment will be pleasantly shocked. I'll try to post pictures soon. We are still settling into our "new" place and getting used to sitting on a couch rather than bunching on one and sitting on the floor.

Up next: buying that flatscreen. Umm...probably not in this lifetime.

4 comments:

Moe said...

Ispiring! Did your new roomie, A, help facilitate this makeover? She helped spruce up our place when she moved in a few years ago!

Robert said...

I’m trying to create support network of bloggers who all participate in the Ad Sense program by google. So far I’ve earned about $3.00 in 4 days. I just launched my site. I’m trying make a lot of friends so they can set up their own Ad Sense stuff and I will visit their blog and click their ads, and hopfully they will do the same for me. My name is Robert and my blog is at “bouncertales.com” You have to put that in the address bar, I’m having a little trouble setting it up in the search engine.

Kay Pea said...

Moe-she TOTALLY did.And it's her couch and her touch on everything. She's great.

Bird Feed said...

awesome!! I want to see!!!!!