Monday, January 04, 2010

#2 in 2010

#2 Thing to do in 2010: Eat more fruit.

Now this is a pretty simple thing. I'm not saying eat only fruit because that could lead to some severe indigestion or eat fruit everyday, I'm merely suggesting we all eat more fruit than we do now. If for some reason you are already eating mounds of fruit, then you have leapfrogged my expectations and I now hold you on a pedestal. But if you are like me and your fruit intake is mostly liquid and only consumed in the mornings (ie. orange juice), then eating more fruit might be just the thing to make 2010 better than 2009. Eating fruit just leaves you feeling fresh and tricks your mind into thinking that you are eating totes healthy even though a lot of the good tasting fruits have so much sugar, but whatevs, fruit is better than devouring a whole bag of Sour Patch Kids so I'd call it a win-win-win.

Why just today I helped a toddler overcome a severe case of constipation by allowing her only apples for lunch. She had had a wretched morning and spent a majority of it being miserable and crying randomly and throwing herself on the floor. Enter Fruit. Voila. Happy Baby.

So there you have it. An apple a day keeps constipation at bay.

(forgive the potty talk. i spent more hours a day with kids than i do adults.)

2 comments:

Alissa said...

Way to go fruit. I don't that Sour Patch kids would have been ANY help in that situation.

Alissa said...

Doubt. "I doubt that Sour Patch kids would have been any help." I hate when I forget to proofread.