Saturday, May 10, 2008

NO STANDING

You know those signs...the ones around big cities usually situated right below a streetlight that say "No standing." Well, yeah, those signs. I'm not exactly sure what they mean. I guess they refer to cars double parking and no standing/waiting/being an asshole and parking in a non parking area. Well, the point I'm trying to make is that I dont like those people who turn those signs into photo ops. You know the type. They take pictures while standing under the no standing sign and give a goofy grin and point at the sign. Hohohoho. So funny.

Granted, when I was in London, they have this fabulous tradition of painting directly on the street saying LOOK LEFT or LOOK RIGHT. I have a picture of me looking left making the goofy face and pointing at the street. But give me a break. I was in Europe, I was in college, I was probably drunk.

Anyway, those people give me ulcers. It's been a rough week here in Asiankp land. There is some stuff going down with the folks at home and my little charges keep me busy and tired. And there is the festival that I'm assistant producing that closes this weekend. All in all, I'm looking for a break.

This post is mindless and half rant and half update. I'm going to quit now because I'm giving myself an ulcer.

2 comments:

Joe White said...

I wish I was always in Europe, in college, and drunk.

Erin said...

I hate sign-photo-op people too. And yes, when I was in college and probably drunk, I was one of them as well.

I think they should forget about the "No Standing", "No Parking", and "No Loading/Unloading" signs and just have a universal sign for those areas that says, as you say, "Don't be an Asshole". That would apply to double parkers AND to sign-photo-op people. Bonus!