Tuesday, February 19, 2008

A Few Things About Me...

Recently, it has come to my attention through conversations with others and through some well directed gossip, that certain people think I have concrete views on specific topics. For the most part this is true, because what kind of person doesnt have concrete views on specific topics. A completely open mind is a completely empty mind. However, there are few things that I wish to clarify. And for the record, one of the things that really annoys every fiber of my being is people who think they know how I feel about things and feel that they can "anticipate" how I will react. There are a few choice people in my life who have that pleasure but a majority of folks are big bags of wind.

#1: Asiankp hates couples. FALSE. This is not true. Just because I choose to stay at home rather than attend a brunch that I know is populated only by couples and that I will be the only single person there does not mean I hate couples. Rather I choose to avoid an awkward situation for myself and for the other couples. Most of the time, I'm happy to hang out with you and your BF/GF but somedays I would rather not witness some stomach-churning displays of affection.

#2: Asiankp is cynical. TRUE. I am cynical and I take great pleasure in being cynical and I will forever and ever remain cynical. Amen.

#3: Asiankp does not believe in change. TRUE and FALSE. Asiankp does like change but she does not always believe that change equates better. Change is imminent and sometimes necessary but Asiankp refuses to jump on the Obama Change Wagon because she feels it is the most superficial and empty campaign ever.

#4: Asiankp uses humor to deflect serious topics and conversation. TRUE. I cannot have truly serious conversations without a cigarette anymore. I feel that the cigarette keeps my loins fertile and creativity flowing. And yes, I did just use humor to avoid answering this question.

#5: Asiankp is anti-social. FALSE. I'm only anti-social when the society is undesirable. You go ahead and put two and two together.

Now if you'll excuse me, I have some VM to attend to.

3 comments:

The TV Girl said...

I don't think I can anticipate your reactions, but I have never been prouder to know you. Thank you for informing the world that not wanting to spend 100% of your time with couples is not the same thing as hating couples.

mags said...

Whatsa VM?

Kay Pea said...

VM stand for Veronica Mars, one of the greatest TV shows ever. Check out the TV Girls blog for a review but also trust me, your loving cousin and watch the first season. You will be hooked, I swear. I'm coming home this weekend...lets do something.