Thursday, January 31, 2008

Inspiration

I'm currently in the process of writing two reviews for a friend and also working on short, non-fiction piece about the summers I spent working 3rd shift at a baseball stadium, driving a zamboni-esque cleaning machine and fighting off horny Mexicans.

The problem is, the time I set aside for writing seems to stunt my creativity and then, while I'm at work all these good ideas come to me so I have to jot them down on an office pad that I used to categorize all my bosses' ridiculous requests. And when I have stirring thoughts that I'm about to write down, the damn phone rings, I answer and forget all about that one perfect sentence.

I'm going to have to start looking for inspiration in random places. Or turn my apartment into an office and have my roommates call me 24/7 from the other room asking me to fill the fax machine with paper or check the weather website for the next 5 hours updating them on the winter storm progress or alphabetize their entire tape demo collection. Yeah.

But things are looking up...LOST starts again tonight and I couldn't be more excited to get frustrated.

2 comments:

Joe White said...

or you could just blog at work like the rest of us. Or are you too good for that? huh, huh?

tiff said...

come chat about your frustration on Lost with us!