Sunday, January 20, 2008

Heartbroken

My dear Packers have lost. To the Giants. The effin Giants. Favre throws an interception on the second play in overtime and the Giants drive down the field to kick a 47 yard field goal. Mind you, their kicker has missed the last two attempts at 34 yards and 40 yards. In 5 short minutes, our Super Bowl dreams have ended. I am a mix of anger and disappointment and just flat out knocked out. Like someone took the wind out of me. The sad thing is...this was supposed to be Favre's golden ride into the sunset. He was supposed to connect with Driver for another 40+ yard run for a touchdown and the win in OT. We were going to crack the bottle of champagne left over from a brunch and smoke victory cigarettes talking about how this was one of the most exciting games we've watched and how Brett Favre might be the greatest quarterback ever to play the game.

Instead, the room deflated and everyone left in silence. A mournful silence. And now I have to cheer for the Giants.

4 comments:

Joe White said...

It is pretty effing sad. And the worst part, for sure, is having to cheer for the Giants. cheer for the Giants? I might not even watch the game.

mags said...

Yeah. At work last night all the old people were in a bad mood. I'd wake them up to change them and they'd be like, "What's the point? The packers lost. I'd rather just sit here alone in my dirty diaper than break my mournful silence." Worse was the people who fell asleep during the game (c'mon... they usually have an early bedtime. it was late), and then woke up all excited to ask how it ended... and have to tell them. They were miserable. You'd be shocked by how much support the Packers have in nursing homes. EVERYONE was wearing Packer gear and representing on Sunday. Even the amputee... immediately after putting on her prosthesis I helped her into a Packer jersey. Monday morning was a different story, though. Everyone either went about their business in silence or a foul mood... all because of the Packers.

The TV Girl said...

He is still one of the best quarterbacks to play the game. Don't let your (totally understandable) sadness dim your vision of what has really been a great career. At least you don't live in the city that has toolbox de jour Tony Romo as a qb. I'm not saying it was Jessica Simpson's fault, or even his vacation. Loosing a game is one thing, being an asshat is another. I live in the city of the asshat, so take comfort with Farve's greatness.

Kay Pea said...

true...true. thanks tv girl for alleviating my sadness at least for a few minutes.