Tuesday, January 08, 2008

Boring Boring Boring

One of my favorite movies contains a scene with a musical number where the characters dress up like small town folk and dance with an alien. They sing a song called "Nothing Ever Happens on Mars." Can you name the movie?

As you can tell from my last 3 posts, I'm now boring. I have some semblance of a normal life back which means go to bed at a decent hour, work a 9 to 5er, home, dinner, maybe a few minutes of the boob tube, bed and then it all starts again. A vicious cycle. No more staying up until 3am watching clips on YouTube. No more movies at night. No more movies during the day. Its like normal life dries up my well of creativity. Not that it was a thriving spring before but I did have a few good days. I'm not sure what this says about me. Can I only thrive in a state of unemployment and find joy in being unproductive and lazy? Am I doomed to become just another non-ghetto, yuppie, pod person?

8 comments:

mags said...

Pretty much.

Life really sucks.

Kay Pea said...

Hmm...speaking of the suck. I know a certain person who hasnt blogged in ages....

Joe White said...

Red, White and Blaine. But it wasn't a movie, it was a play.

Kay Pea said...

touche fort knocks. but i was looking for the name of the overall movie that contains the name of the play.

mags said...

Yeah, but I blogged more the last time I did post than you have since then and now. I just work in bursts. Magical flavor bursts. Like long-lasting gum.

Besides, it's quality not quantity.

Matt G said...

BORING BORING BORING BORING

Krista said...

Would that be Waiting for Guffman?

Kay Pea said...

Nice Krista. I've never met you but I already have a feeling that we are kindred spirits.