Thursday, December 06, 2007

On Location...

So there is a movie being filmed in my neighborhood today. Actually, its just a few short blocks from my apartment. After a calculated trip to the nearby market, one of the security guards told me it was Jennifer Aniston and some other starts filming for a new HBO series. At first I was excited but then realized he might be lying kinda like when they were filming the Batman movie downtown and when people asked what they were filming, PAs and security personnel were instructed to say it was a film called Chris Nolans Great Adventure. (FYI: Chris Nolan is actually the director of the film). So I didnt get my hopes up but did manage to send an email to my roommates stating that Jennifer Aniston was in our neighborhood. To it's truth I cannot attest but it sounded cool in an email. However because of the film, 1 side of all the surrounding streets have been blocked off and labeled no parking zones at the behest of the Chicago PD. Now this is annoying on many levels because a.) I couldnt drive to the market because it was so crowded and I had to walk. Damn those bastards for making me exercise. and b.) there is no place to park in a 2 block radius of my apartment which makes for a very uncomfortable hike in 20 degree weather.

On the other hand, its pretty exciting to see the movie trailers lining the streets and signs on your familiar stomping grounds that say: This way to set. The starstruck schoolgirl in me is loving it.

1 comment:

mags said...

You should fanagle of pic of yourself with Jen Anniston in the background and send it out as your Christmas card. Actually, maybe find a male star instead. You wouldn't want to provoke rumors. :)