Wednesday, October 10, 2007

How about that...

So, its been a week and a half since I "moved on" from my previous job and there is this nagging feeling in the back of my mind saying I need to find something fast, something quick, hurry hurry, time's a wastin, how are you going to make money, etc. But you know, sometimes I want to say, "Shut the heck up, little voice." I've only not been working for a week and a half and I did get a part time job helping out a former employer and I've taken some babysitting jobs so damn it, leave me alone.

I am also going through Colombia withdrawal. In Colombia, there is no rush rush. There is "hurry up and get a job" but rather, "relax, its a beautiful day and there is no government overthrow today." In Colombia, in my beautiful hacienda, I would kick off my shoes, play with the dogs, ride my horse in the mountains, drink chocolate and eat crossaints, and take several naps and possibly read my book or take a carriage ride through my extensive grounds. I would eagerly call to Maria to bring me some more limoncello or aguascailente. The funny thing is...all this happened and I was doing this about 3 days ago. No wonder I'm having Colombian withdrawals. The grass is always greener in Colombia.

1 comment:

mags said...

Wow. You must've been the richest unemployed person in Columbia! Talk about lavish...

What was your horse's name?