Friday, September 14, 2007

USA 2 Sweden 0

Because I know that you are dying to know...the US women's soccer team won early this morning beating Sweden 2 to nil. Its good because they are now sitting pretty to advance to the quarterfinals depending on how North Korea fares. If they end up on top of the Group, they won't have to face Germany right away. Now, I didnt watch the game but I heard that the team has been struggling and not playing well. They seemed so confident in their send-off series matches...what will it take for them to replicate the confidence they so ably showed on their home turf in China? Maybe a thrashing. Maybe a nice pep talk. Maybe this guy. Either way, I hope they didnt unveil those flashy gold uniforms for no reason. Although, I thought that was pretty snooty, even if they are the "best team we've never heard of."

No comments: