Tuesday, September 04, 2007

A Conversation

I'm in DC right now and I run out with my friend to get a pack of smokes.
The conversation I had with Felix, the clerk at the CVS is as follows:

Me: Hi, a pack of camel lights and this pack of gum.

Felix: Hmm....you got ID?

Me: Yep, right here.

Felix: (takes ID and turn it sideways and then back to see if its fake, he then turns it over again and holds it up to the light) Hmm...I'm having some trouble.

Me: Can I help you with something?

Felix: I just...I just dont see a date. I cant sell to you if there is no date.

Me: Well, there is date listed under birthdate.

Felix: I dont see any birthdate on this thing.

Me: (take the ID and point to the first thing below my name): See, right here...B-I-R-T-H-D-A-T-E...birthdate.
(at this point, you might be thinking, wow asiankp is such a little biotch and i was being one but honestly...)

Felix: Oh. Ohhhh.....wow. Wow.

Me: I'm sorry, is there something wrong?

Felix: Oh no...its just you look way younger than that. (there was a bit of an overexaggerated way younger in that statement)

Me: Well, its me. 24. Thanks.

Felix: Yeah. Sure. Okay. Bye.

Please, please please dont tell me that I look younger than 16...because apparently Felix thinks so.

3 comments:

mags said...

I thought it was 18 to buy cigarettes?

And you certainly have a "barely legal" feel about you...

Kay Pea said...

yes and yes to both queries. signature margaritas are the devil.

Joe White said...

oh, soooo cute with those chubby little cheeks-- I just want to squeeze 'em. I hope that was awkward enough to last you a couple of months.