Thursday, September 27, 2007

The Art of Choking

So early this AM, the US Women's Soccer team lost to Brazil, 4-0. I was/am in shock. Granted the team played down a man the entire second half because the ref made a horrible call...while we are on the subject...what is the deal with the referees making shitty calls. It's like its in their job description, must make 3 shitty, totally unwarranted calls a year. As if to fulfill some sort of quota while the only real quota their filling is getting people pissed. I digress...anyway in wake of the controversial goalkeeper switch...which by the by...the benched goalkeeper is none to happy about in the event of the U.S.'s loss, totally jacked the team in a disheartening way. (view all clips on ESPN.com) They have played uninspired soccer throughout this entire tournament and I am so disappointed in them. Good luck trying to revitalize that women's professional league.

On another note, the mysterious author of the Women's World Cup blog wont publish my comments because they are a.) negative b.) i call the coach an idiot and c.) i disagree with everyone else posts of: "Good luck girlz, you are still the best in my book" or the "hold your heads high ladies, you are champions of the heart." Sick. Sometimes, you just fail and sometimes you are just not the better team and sometimes you just dont come prepared to play. There is some stupid cheer about wanting "it" more to win "it" and its clear the US did not have what IT takes. I think the blog and the team needs a kick in the pants and sometimes negativity will do that...I've already submitted about 4 comments that have not been posted and I'm thinking of submitting this final one: "Your reluctance to publish my previous posts brings me to this final conclusion. You cannot handle adversity just like the US Women's Team." Is that too harsh? Not harsh enough? Maybe I should get my girl Crystal on the case...

1 comment:

mags said...

Ohhh, that is TOTALLY what you should write. There's nothin' juicier than when harshness and honesty coincide...