Thursday, August 30, 2007

Born Again

Today I was born...24 years ago. Its pretty crazy...I'm almost half a century old. Ick. In 7th grade, we were told to write a paper as if we were 25 and reuniting with old classmates for the anniversary of the Queen Mary sailing trip. It’s funny (maybe sad) but almost everything I wrote in that paper is the exact opposite of my life right now. For example, in my paper, “future” Katie attended the University of North Carolina-Chapel Hill and played soccer for their Division I team. She won 3 National Championships. She then got married to an actor and they had 3 children named Leonardo, Franklin and Lucy. She currently lives in North Carolina where she is a successful casting director for Steven Spielberg. She also is the founder of the annual NC Sand Soccer tournament that draws an average of 12,000 people every year. She is happy and she is currently pregnant and hopes she doesn’t have her baby on the boat.

Hm. Well, I did play soccer but for a Division III team but never won a National Championship. I did however manage to eke out a USCAA Championship that involves 6 other independent schools. I am not married and I have no children…to my knowledge. All I know of Steven Spielberg is what I read on imdb.com.
I do live in Chicago (great city) and work in PR (great area). Currently, work is stressing me out more than ever and I never thought I would be that person who stresses about their job. I am happy…but that word now annoys me more than anything. Is anyone really truly happy? You can be happy with this and that in your life but as a permanent state of being…I am nowhere close to that. There are things that make me happy everyday and I will share 24 of those things in honor of my 24 years of living. (not in order of importance)

1.) Amazing apartment
2.) Best roommates a girl could ask for
3.) True and loyal friends
4.) My health

5.) My family
6.) Water
7.) Cheezits
8) Muenster cheese
9.) Bacon
10.) Sharpie markers
11.) Sour Patch Kids
12.) Arrested Development
13.) Netflix
14.) World Cup Soccer
15.) Chinese food
16.) Constant internet access
17.) Sarcasm
18.) Eating really good steak
19.) Cranberry and vodka
20.) SUMMER SHANDY
21.) Sweet potato fries
22.) My casting alerts
23.) My sanity
24.) A future

1 comment:

Joe White said...

Maybe something neat and cute like the 24 years represent the 24 hours in a day. because then childhood would be like being groggy in the morning, and college would be like drinking from 6pm to 10pm. But I guess now you would have to sleep for a few years. Or maybe life is devoid of such poetry. Happy birthday.