Monday, June 11, 2007

Calling Operator...

I'm been on hold and my approximate wait time is 10 minutes. 10 minutes...now I have two options. 1.) Wait 10 minutes like a normal person. 2.) Hang up and call back in about 5 minutes, hoping that the wait time is suddenly shorter. 3.) Bitch and moan about waiting. Since I said there were only 2 options, I guess waiting 10 minutes like a normal person is totally out of the question. It's probably best to go with #2 although that involves a bit of naivete on my part and since #3 puts me on the world's worst customer list, I'd say a combination of #2 and #3 would probably work best. The problem is, how do I avoid #3 from taking over my life completely?

We are always waiting for something...at least I am and I'm getting kinda tired of anticipation. I mean, sometimes there is an element of fun in surprise and anticipation but lets be honest, most people want the info and they want it now. They want the boyfriend, marriage, kids and they want it now. We live in a selfish society and I argue that this is addled by customer service representatives telling you that they are "experiencing a high level volume of call" and that "we will be with you shortly." That is such a lie. They will not be with you any faster than you will get married and have babies if you use birth control or do not date at all. Makes sense? It doesnt even make sense to me, this drivel that I'm writing...you know why...because I was just asked to wait for 10 effin minutes. Somebody save Asiankp from herself.

No comments: