Monday, May 07, 2007

What The Hell??!

Sometimes, I just have the need to scream out those 3 little words. It's surprising how good they can make you feel. It's almost as fun as screaming out, "I sure as hell am CHIP...CHIP!!!" However, since no one but myself and Crystal Oaklee find that funny, those other 3 words will have to suffice. There was no immediate need to scream them today but I found myself uttering the words the moment I woke up. Could it be because I overslept? Could it be the thunderous pounding outside my window due to construction down the street? Either way, a very quiet but direct, "What the hell?!?" escaped from my mouth. 10 minutes later, sloppily dressed and in the car, I uttered them again. Could it be the ridiculous drivers in Chicago? Especially the one who tried to merge right into my side...a more emphatic and slightly murderous, "What the hell?!?" again found its way into the atmosphere. Now I sit at my desk, I've been waiting for the last 15 minutes to have a meeting with my bosses before our status call in 30 minutes because I will have to update the status report and make about 50 changes which I won't have time for. I feel an exhausted, defeated "What the hell?!" rising in my throat and it's not even noon.

1 comment:

crysOakleee said...

What a negative attitude! Knock the Chip off your shoulder why don't ya?