Tuesday, May 01, 2007

Like sands through the hourglass...

So are the days of our lives. What? What exactly does this mean? Like sands through the hourglass, so are the days of our lives. We are grains of sand, shifting mindlessly back and forth due to an unknown force that tilts us this way and that. Hmm...maybe those daytime TV writers were on to something...there is a first time for everything.
For some reason, I've been thinking alot about the days of my life...how they pass by so quickly and at the end of the day, I wonder what I did all day. When I look back on my life, will my days be muddled into weeks and then years? Will I only be able to look back on the good weeks or the good years without giving any real thought or feeling into the days? I hope not. Too much of our life is spent thinking about the weeks and years, we don't spend enough time contemplating the days...the 24 hours to do something good or make a difference. Harold Hill once said, "You pile up enough tomorrows, and you'll find you're left with nothing but a lot of empty yesterdays." History is filled with men and women expounding upon "seize the day" mantras, so perhaps we should pay attention and try for once to focus on the today. What can you do for your fellow man TODAY?

2 comments:

crysOakleee said...

I can't think of a thing to do for my fellow men except ignore them and hope they all go away.

mags said...

Mmmm... I slept in 'till 2pm?