Sunday, April 08, 2007

Break? What Break?

Even though my previous post speaks of my divorce from the blogging world, my dear friend and cousin has urged me to "get back on the horse."
As sit and reflect with a bowl full of Jello, I am reminded that in the adult world, there are no breaks. In elementary school, you get R&R days. In high school, you get spring break or "teachers need a mental health day" break. In college, I was lucky enough to recieve the longest Christmas break ever. But now, in the adult, working world...there are no breaks. How could I be so childish as to indulge in the childish fantasy of a break?
So, I am "back on the horse," and I pose this challenge to cousin Maggie. I will start a story on my blog...you must add on. We must devote one or two sentences to the story at the end of each post. Now, that's entertainment.

********************

Jermaine anxiously tugged at his collar. Brock had over starched it again. He made a mental note to exchange some harsh words with the man. Jermaine took a deep breath. He would not fail today. He would make the contact and deliver the message. The only thing that stood in his way was 5'3" petite blonde. He took another deep breath and started forward...

No comments: