Friday, February 23, 2007

Words of the Week

Dear Doctor Dictionary,

Thank you so much for sending me the daily words of the day. You are truly a master of healing through the written word. You are the doyen of speech. Honestly. A pure doyen. Every morning, I am woken from turbid dreams by my roommates sonorous snores and I scurry out of bed. I grab the morning coffee and my horoscope and hit the on button on my PC. I wait as the welcoming Windows greeting sounds and then a ping telling me that I do indeed have the wireless connection courtesy of our downstairs neighbors. I hurridly type in my email server of choice and search my inbox. Then I see it. It is the apogee of my day. There in my inbox in that lovable, lapidary size 10 font is an email from Doctor Dictionary giving me my antidote to doldrums. Salvation does indeed lie within.
So thank you Dr. Dictionary for making the world a better place and for giving me a reason to rise and face the drab, unforgiving, ordinary planet we inhabit. There is a malodorus hint of burning toast so I must go.

-Wordless in Washington

No comments: