Wednesday, June 09, 2010

It's that time of year...

Nominations for summer song are now being accepted. Recently, I attended a She and Him concert and came away amazed and in love. I realize that I'm extremely late to the party in admiring this band but better late than never. As a result, I've been watching this almost every day because it makes me happy. And it will make you happy too. It's a nice break from that Gaga Lady who is just...weird.

So, lay it on me summer. And those of you (the few but the loyal) who read this blog, let me know what tunes are making you happy these days. Also, for those of you with babies, the song Sweet Darlin makes even the tiniest baby shake their bon-bons. I've tested it on a 7 week old and a 2 year old but let me know how it goes...


4 comments:

M Weisse said...

Well Pry, I am totally out of the loop on current music so I am probably very little help. I do love the Train Song "Soul Sister" because it is happy and makes me want to dance. I am not a Lady Gaga fan and barely know any of her songs, but they did a really awesome version of "Poker Face" on Glee. I didn't even realize it was a Lady Gaga song at first so I looked it up and it is way different from the real one...and so much better to me. Check it out if you haven't watched it. I love Idina Menzel who sings it with Lea Michelle so it is definitely my song of the moment, if not the summer. I hope other "loyal" readers give some good suggestions too. I love when you leave me comments so I will try to be better about leaving them for you.

The Rowles said...

I was going to suggest SOul Sister as well. It just seriously makes me happy. My girls love it. I'm gonna have to try sweet darlin. I need something other than Beyonce to get their booties shakin!

Kathleen said...

If we're going to talk Train, I would recommend two of their songs from the same Album as "Soul Sister". One is called, "This Ain't Goodbye" and "Parachute." "Marry Me" is kind of cute, too. But none of them are super peppy summer fun songs. You know, the kind that make you put my hands up and say "they're playing my song" as the butterflies fly away, nodding your head like yeah. I wait with abated breath for the next Justin Bieber single. Holla!

Bird Feed said...

I'll have to suggest "Sunburn" by Owl City. My sister Molly played it for me last weekend and I really like it.