Friday, May 29, 2009

Summertime

So summer has hit the Chi-town. The patio furniture is out, bar windows are open, and people are beginning to shed that extra white layer of skin accrued from those long harsh winter months. I usually dont enjoy summer...I mean, I love the sun fo' sure but I hate tube tops, swimsuits, and boys who wear colored flip flops. Especially boys who wear flip flops any color other than brown or black. Embrace the fact that its okay for you to wear leather, just this once. On your feet preferably.

If you are like me, you associate music with summer. Specifically live music. Or any music. For example, at Ravinia this year, the 4 Tops/Temptations cover band will be playing. I plan to hit that up with the 'rents. If you dont know who either of those bands are, google them, then hit yourself in the head for googling them.

Summer in our apartment begins with a summer song. Last year it was Umbrella by Rihanna. The year before that it was Bleeding Love by Leona Lewis. This year, we have yet to determine an appropriate summer song. Any suggestions? The Ting Tings are a strong contender this year or perhaps the Killers or maybe its a throwback year....suggestions welcome.

1 comment:

Kathleen said...

It's time for a throwback to Whitney Houston's I wanna Dance with Somebody. Just go listen to it and I know those tiny toes of yours will start tapping