Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Oh Craigslist...you crack me up

Due to our current economic crisis and what seems to be my permanent state of funemployment, I peruse the Craigslists ads at least 3 times a day. Today, in the part time section, I unearthed this gem: (names have been changed to avoid lawsuits)

Love to work in Fashion? Come join us at (random sunglass store)!

Fashion? The (Random Sunglass Store)?

Hmm...lets see. When I think of the Random Sunglass Store, I picture some bleached blonded adolescent who couldnt get work at the Hip Clothing Store. In our mall, the Random Sunglass Store was placed right outside the Hip Clothing Store. The Random Sunglass Store boys would sit there and salivate at the young high schoolers exiting the Hip Clothing Store with large bags and Daddy's credit card. If they were lucky, a girl from that group would look over in their direction and wave. But no one ever bought sunglasses there. You could get sunglasses at Other Hip Stores. Not at the Random Sunglass Store. It was fashion suicide. Maybe it still is.

I'm glad to see their still working on their marketability.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi this is the Assistant CEO of marketing. Sunglass Hut has shielded millions of eyes from harmful UV rays for decades. Your comments hurt America, because people need to live eye safety. Perhaps you think it a trite goal, but the Hut prides itself on providing this service. Think twice about mocking an institution that has very special place in the heart of our great country. Thank you and God Bless America.

Kay Pea said...

Dear Barry,

I'm pretty sure there are about 3 people in America who read this blog. Shielding eyes from harmful UV rays is a very admirable goal and I applaud you. I guess I underestimated Sunglass Hut's esteemed place in the heart of America.

mags said...

Hahahahaha!!

I'm gonna head on over to Sunglass Hut and "live" eye safety and be patriotic all at once. That's what I call a twofer.


PS: were you so desperate for drama you staged your own confrontation with an entity you fabricated, KP?? All new low...