Tuesday, April 15, 2008

April Showers

This weekend we hosted a bridal shower for my roommate B. As far as bridal showers go, it was totally boss. There were the awkward silences, the laugh-track esque giggles, and the usual social niceties exchanged when a group of people who sort of know eachother dress up and are thrown into a room together with booze and food.

But seriously, it was nice. For a diferent take on the shower, read here as my other roommate, the ever vicious, vindictive Crystal exploits my lack of experience in the kitchen, in throwing parties and overall my lack of knowing how to simply live. She is just a vile human being really. In fact, sometimes I sneak into her room late to make sure she is not an evil computer who needs to recharge their brain at night but I have to exit quickly because an overpowering sensation of "smother her with a pillow" takes over.

Funemployment will be put on hiatus for a month or so. I have accepted a nanny job to start at the end of April and run until the middle of June giving me steady work and money for a decent period of time but also giving me freedom to continue trying to freelance when able. Since the start date still gives me about two more weeks to laze about, I'm going to try and catch up on Heroe, Eli Stone and a plethora of poorly acted movies.

2 comments:

crysOakleee said...

way to totally plagiarize the first paragraph. Really!

KayPea said...

bitch is as bitch does.