Friday, March 21, 2008

Snow for Easter

It will be tough to hunt for Easter eggs in 8 inches of snow. But I do not doubt the ferociousness of kids in pursuit of chocolate and candy. Especially little Catholic kids who have been deprived of sweets for Lent. Or adults for that matter.
Thankfully, my family has always had our little Easter egg hunt indoors. Sure there was the occasional outdoor clue like basketball hoop or slide but for the most part, eggs were always hidden in bedrooms, bathroom or basement. I'm pretty sure my parents got less creative over time or for us kids, those rooms seemed smaller and not as cavernous.

So, my trip to D.C...was amazing. I can honestly say that I have the best friends in the world and hanging out with them for short periods of time only makes me miss them more when we are apart. Thank you friends for your hospitality and reminding me why I wake up every morning to face this drab world. Perhaps that is a bit dramatic and I confess to just watching Yours, Mine, and Ours, but seriously, you folks make life worthwhile. And since a majority of them now have offspring, I have great HOPE for the future of this country. On a side note, I just bought the CUTEST gift for my friend's new baby. Peneloveronijosephine will love it.

However, my trip was not all smiles and sunshine. On the way back to Chicago, I sat next to the largest, gassiest man I ever encountered. Seriously, the dude should be in a carnival and everytime a bell rings he can unleash his formidable flatulence and kill a few flowers. Would you pay money to see that?

1 comment:

mags said...

No, I most certainly would not pay to see that.

That baby present was adorable, though....