Sunday, February 03, 2008

Yawn...what is this? Baseball?

So the Super Bowl is on and if it werent for my parents fancy new HD TV set, I would be bored out my mind. There are 3 minutes left in the 3rd quarter and the score is Patriots 7, Giants 3. Am I watching a baseball game? Add to the fact that I could care less about who wins and the best commercials I've seen so far are from a tire company, Super Bowl Sunday is looking pretty bleak. However, there are some bright spots. Etrade's commercial with the baby was definitely entertaining. Tom Brady is playing horribly and has been sacked 5 times. My mom has some delicious brownies left over from a faculty party. Tom Brady just threw another incomplete pass. Yawn...start of the 4th quarter and the score remains 7 to 3.

As boring as the last 2 hours have been, I have come to sincerely appreciate high definition televison. I've been able to see where Pam Mack's makeup line begins and ends and Tom Coughlin's pock marks which I assume are weather wounds from his night on the Frozen Tundra. I've been able to see clearly into Bill Bellicheats conscience and there is a giant GUILTLY clearly visible on the left membrane. I've also been able to see sentences forming in Peyton Manning's mind. "I haate dem Patriots." and "Guud...job...little...brudder."

And the Giants just scored. Yes. I can't wait to see the tears flowing from Tom Brady's face. In high def.

No comments: