Wednesday, January 02, 2008

Freedom just another word for nothing left to lose...

I had an interview this morning. It went well. I'm going to fill in temporarily until they decide if they want me there full-time. Which means, the rest of the week, I'm on trial and I just have to show them how indispensible and brilliant I am. If anyone has any ideas on how to do that without being a total kiss-ass, please let me know.

The interview lasted about 20 minutes or so. Pretty good considering the last one was only a short 9.4 minutes. It was downtown right off of Michigan Ave and since I never go downtown, I thought I would hang out for a few. I ended up in a Starbucks doing the crossword and staring at all the little girls and flustered moms walking by with their giant American Girl bags. I could only take so much of that so I left and continued to traverse down Michigan toward my El stop. I ran into tons of shoppers eagerly running into the Gap to redeem their gift cards. I saw similar behavior outside the Apple store too. On a sidenote, during the holidays, I had the opportunity to play with the iPhone and let me just say, the thing is REALLY quite cool. I would never have the money to purchase one of these and even if I did, it would go towards food and maybe a new pair of shoes, but gosh darn, they are fun, fun little gadgets.

Anyway, as I was thinking about the new year and how I might have a job for a while, I mourned the fact that now that I was beginning to have some stability and a set schedule, I would no longer have the freedom to travel whenever I wanted. Which stinks because I had some pretty great ideas:

-Road trip with my brother out East to visit relatives and friends
-Cali to visit my cousin and my roommate who may no longer be there now that I've waited so long
-Utah for some kick ass camping/climbing with cousin
-Portland to visit a friend
-NYC because its NYC
-Michigan to visit friends and see friend's new baby
-Visits to the movie theater in the middle of the day to see matinees

Do not ask me why I used a Janis Joplin lyric for the title of this post. It has no relevance whatsoever.

2 comments:

Lagartija said...

Nice job with the interview? Is it a cool job?

Lagartija said...

P.S. That first ? was supposed to be an !