Monday, December 10, 2007

Fascination with Pies

So lately, I've been having a fascination with all things pie. For example, my new favorite show is called Pushing Daisies which is all about a pie-maker. And today, I saw a movie called Waitress which is about a young woman in an unhappy marriage who finds her release in pie-making. Perhaps its more a credit to the directors and artistic directors because what is so fascinating is the process of the pie making. And the way they film it and the details they take in creating that effect for viewers. It makes my mouth water just thinking about it.

It has even inspired me to start baking more. So today, I'm going to make white chocolate and butterscotch cookies. Could these two ingredients be gross together? Probably, but I dont care. I'm reckless like that. But then again chocolate and butterscotch are pretty divine things so it can't be that bad. The thing is, the receipe calls for 1 tsp of Nestle Toll House cocoa baking powder. I'm not sure we have it...in fact, I positive we dont...so do you think I can just use mint cocoa powder instead?

2 comments:

mags said...

I'd add less sugar, then. And seriously consider if mint, chocolate, white chocolate, and butterscotch is the true taste combination that you desire.

Also, you should cook more. I feel slightly more comfortable with my domesticity now after reading this.

Joe White said...

oh yeah! Pushing Daisies is delicious! Plus, isn't it on tonight?