Thursday, November 29, 2007

Procrastination et al.

I should be working on various cover letters and updating my resume. Actually I did that the better part of the morning so I'm allowed some leeway. I also managed to catch up on the new Pushing Daisies episode and create a new JibJab video (not for kids). What a productive morning.

Last night I attended a storytelling night that involved a good friend, 7n7's and cigarettes. A few good stories, one hilarious one. The last story told quelled all my fears of creating some thought-provoking, deep, introspective non-fiction piece. The story was a simple, yet highly humorous account of feeling out of place among the upper crust, elite society of Chanel and couture-wearing witches. It made me realize that I didnt have to have some out of body experiences to be able to write compelling non-fiction prose. Perhaps most of you already knew this but the realization to me finally sunk in last night. So thank you, storyteller, you changed my perspective.

I have decided that I'm going to do my Pilates video every day. Maybe if I get really ambitious, I"ll do two workouts in the morning and one at night. (Note: really ambitious should read: really really really ambitious and there is nothing else to do and I'm bored out of my mind.) I've heard people say its all about discipline and that working out does make you feel good and releases endorphins and endorphins make you happy, etc. but there are tons of other things that make me happy so I'll pick from those until I'm out of options.

I have not heard back yet about my interview. I'm 75% disappointed and 25% apathetic. I wanted the job but do not think I put forth a solid effort in relaying that message. So, part of me is angry with myself for putting forth less than 100% but the other part of me is thinking: WTF? Its not a complicated job and I've had tons of related experience. Why the hell not pick me? But then again, if you told someone you had good verbal and oral communications skills, then corrected yourself and then made an awkward joke about how verbal and oral are the same thing...well, would you want to work with a person like that?

And why is it that Chinese food is so satisfying in the moment but then later you feel the gurgle in your belly and high tail it to the restroom as quick as humanely possible?

2 comments:

mags said...

My unnecessary force jibjabber rocked yours. No offense.

Kay Pea said...

yeah but your pictures were poor quality. you need to spend more time fashioning your heads. if you get my drift. amateur at best.