Friday, November 09, 2007

In lieu of the writers strike...

Last night as I settled down to watch The Office, I decided to flip flop back and forth between commercials and Greys Anatomy. I was bored. While on ABC, I noticed several advertisements on for shows that were "making a comeback." Both of these shows, Notes from the Underbelly and October Road, are awful. Simply awful. Both were cancelled after several weeks due to low ratings. I think October Road finished out the season but only online (?). Anyway, it was rumored that both shows were written to be ABC's next big hits and I imagine that full seasons of episodes were written. However due to high quality suckage, the shows were cancelled. However, due to a writers strike, I suspect that good material is being hard to come by and networks are being forced to drudge up less than mediocre material to fill time slots and not completely piss off viewers. Hence, two completely asinine shows will air in the coming weeks. Dont miss it. Or miss it. Run the other way, actually.

In other news, tonight I'm playing with several other faculty members in a basketball game versus the varsity girls team. To prepare, I had an extra cup of coffee this morning and not one, but two cigarettes. Best shape of my life.

1 comment:

Julie said...

I don't have your email, so I have to beg for your attention here. I'm coming to Chicago in 10 days and I was wondering if you wanted to get together for a drink? I miss my crasian. I'll be in town from the 20th through Dec. 3rd. Email me juliemarx14@gmail.com.