Friday, September 28, 2007

Last Day in the Office?

Well, given the FUBAR work situation, this is potentially my last day in the office. I have many thoughts running through my head at this point but the biggest thought right now is how to get accustomed to a new way of living. That may seem a bit drastic but think about, for the last 7 or so months, I've been accustomed to a high quality of life...I've had a steady job, a steady paycheck, a schedule and a career (or so I thought.) Now, I'm faced with uncertainty, finding a source of income, possibly endless days of unproductivity and the arduous task of searching for a new career. Granted, days of unproductivity rest solely on my decision whether or not to attack the world with vigor and agressiveness, but still, there are bound to be at least one or 2 days of blah. I'm not defeated, per se because it is a bit of an exciting time in terms of finding a new job but part of me also wants to curl up in a ball and lick my wounds. No more shrugging off grocery shopping because I can always buy lunch, no more random trips to Payless to buy cute shoes, and most importantly, no more spur of the moment trips to visit friends because hey, I can afford it, I have a job. I'm going to have to hunker down to conserve my hard earned bucks considering I have car payments, loan payments and rent, not to mention those annoying little fees for every damn thing you can think of.

It should be an interesting time. I do appreciate everyone's comiseration and/or advice regarding my next move. Yes, I know networking will be a priority...yes, I know I have a lot of options...yes, I'm glad your friend of a friend's boyfriend's daughter has a butcher shop...you get the idea. But really, its Fridays like this while I'm finishing up projects and passing things on to my soon to be swamped co-workers that I get a little sad and think: Dear God, what have I done wrong?

1 comment:

mags said...

ohhh.. :( KP...

I love you.

And I won't give you any advice or commiseration; you clearly have plenty. Just... yeah. You're great.