Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Just Do It!

With the work day ending and my creative blog posting slowly slipping from my mind, I figured this would be a good time to just do it. There have been several big changes in the last week. For instance, I will soon find myself without the constant Internet access and the comfy chair from IKEA. Thats right. The job situation. FUBAR. I'm not upset or disgruntled or defeated. We had a good run and not even the best PR person in the world could handle a meltdown like Britney's. I'm sorry America. I did what I could. Britney is no longer the nubile, young co-ed who waltzed around on your TV sets singing innocent love songs while wearing a Catholic schoolgirl outfit. No, she is now a Toxic commodity and no longer Lucky. Oops, I did it again, I screwed up and now she's so Lonely and Not a girl, but Yet not a Woman. Oh, well, I'm a slave for you, America.

So that is that. Totally FUBAR'd in the jobby. Which brings me to my next point. Military Acronyms. I LOVE them. I'm totally fascinated by this other language and though, at times, it can be rough, I would love to just talk in acronyms all day. A few favorites include the obvious FUBAR, FIDO, FUNDY (channeling John Cleese here), and DILLIGAF. I recently found it quite entertaining to start saying the word constantly around my apartment and now my roommates have all picked it up and it has become part of our general, late night jargon.

Speaking of words, a friend of mine came up with a word for an internal fart. Genius. It inspired me to do the same. Frustration seems to be my mood of the month and a majority of this frustration is self-inflicted. I thought I wish there was a word that embodied the feeling of frustration brought upon yourself in such large doses that it causes you to feel sick. Thats when it hit me: Frustrabation.

Hmmm...maybe I should steer clear of the Army acronyms and Britney Spears lyrics for a while. They are giving me a dirty mind.

1 comment:

crysOakleee said...

Utterly FUBAR. What more can I say. FUdiidyFUFUBAR.