Monday, May 28, 2007

I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE my friends

Happy Memorial Day to all! this weekend has been the busiest of my life so I take this memorial day as a chance to relax and catch up on reading and of course, blogging. The weekend began with a wedding of a dear friend...can I just say...that as much as I dreading this wedding...I acually LOVED it. The main reason, you ask? My friends from college. They are simply the nicest, loving, geniune, supportive, non-judgmental, fun, caring, intelligent, witty, did I mention fun people in the whole wide world. I miss them SO much and hanging out with them seriously makes me consider kidnapping them all and taking them to a deserted island where we all live in a happy commune. (hint: i have not been watching LOST lately). Its so sad when friends move away and after 4 years of all living within 2 feet from eachother, we now all live about 400 miles from each other. I hate it.
Back to the wedding...it was beautiful. Molly, you dont ever read this, but you looked beautiful. The reception was held at a place that I like to describe as a old-new warehouse. It had wooden floors and looked like an old warehouse but recreated to give you a old French loft feel...is there such a feel as an old French loft?? You tell me.
Anyway, some fun things i noticed...1.) my friends new boyfriend is uber PDA which can be very distracting esp. during Mass 2.) You can wear non-matching shoes and nobody will notice 3.) Dancing in the rain is fun but VERY cold 4.) Women over 40 should not wear leather pants and leopard print shirts. 5.) I love traditions, esp. old Lithuanian ones 6.) Cigarettes can kill you but they sure make drinking fun 6.) cranberry and vodka =delicious hangover 7.) driving 5 hours back to Chicago after a night of merriment is rough on the body.
The list will grow......

1 comment:

crysOakleee said...

Asian KP you have hit the nail on the head! Especially considering how long we have been anticipating this wedding, it is amazing it turned out so fun. But it was! Such a blast...except for the 5 hour trip home.