Saturday, January 20, 2007

Golden Duds

Last Monday, the Golden Globes were on. For most people this is just another boring awards show but Asiankp thrives on this sort of celebrity parading. It is a night that celebrates the best in film and television. It is a bit more relaxed than the Oscars and more legit than the People's Choice Awards. I mean, the people decide who the best actors are...come on...these are the same people who will probably vote for Hilary Clinton in the next election.
Luckily, I had Monday off of work so I slept late, went shopping, made dinner for the roommates, and settled in to watch the Globes. I cheered with the rest when America Ferrara won best actress in comedic series and I booed with the rest when Alec Baldwin won for the males. Honestly, Alec Baldwin? A definite low point in the night.
Which brings me to another low point...the interviewers. After America Ferrara won her award, this "i can see your collarbones busting out of your neck and you should probably eat" woman interviewed her saying, "Now America, what do you have to say to those people who didn't want you to play Ugly Betty?" Excuse me. I wonder where Entertainment finds these winners...but then again, Ryan Seacrest was covering the red carpet and we all know what a gem he is. I can't believe we live in an age where you can actually become more famous for being more dense.

No comments: